Thursday, November 8, 2012

CAL- Putting it together...

I learned something today....
As much as I love these squares....
And doing the CAL....
I do not like squares of different sizes...when it comes to putting them together.
I DO NOT like what I've done so far.
 Can you see the "ugly"?
 I am finally getting the sides more even....but still....
This is my current status on the blanket.
It's looking better, but I still don't like it.
I wonder how everyone else got their squares to go together so nicely.
Mine are really different in sizes.
Maybe it's how I placed them together.
Hmmm....
In any event, I'm not frogging this.
I'm keeping it as is.
I'm also keeping my mind open.
Surely, it will look better when I get more of the squares added.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Shelly, I don't really like it either, although I really do like some of the individual squares, specially the one with the swirl in the top corner. I must find out how to do that. I really like symitry (can't spell it) so all these different squares together look like a mish-mash to me and would grate on my sensibilities if I had to make it and live with it.

    Give it away, girl someone else will love it. I may never get this posted. I have done about 7 of darn captacha things and can't get it right. Hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jennifer, i finally finished the CAL afghan. it turned out better than i thought it would. it's still not my favorite though. you're right, i think it's because it's not symmetrical.

    ReplyDelete