Friday, December 18, 2009

TV Lapghan

My newest crochet project is Lion Brand's Vanna Choice TV Lapghan http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70375AD.html?r=1 . It is a free pattern. I am using the following colors to make this: royal blue, white and pumpkin. The pumpkin color actually looks like hunter orange. I am using Red Heart Worsted Weight Yarn.
I am on the seventh row and I have to admit that the pattern is very easy to follow. The colors don't look bad together and my husband says he loves the color combination. The only reason I chose these colors is because I had enough skeins of yarn in each if the colors plus they didn't go together too badly.
This will be the first of the afghans or lapghans that I will be making for the year 2010 and I will keep this one for my household as I always give the things I make away or to the kids and none of the afghans ever stay upstairs in the family room/living room.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly, Well you are doing well. Getting on 2010 projects already. I will have to send you my "to do" list. I made this afghan. It was really quick to make using such a large hook. I am not a fan of the huge hook though. I found that it was a bit small or maybe I made it small because I didn't want to buy anymore wool. Also I didn't have the right wool over here to substitute. With everything being different I just had to guess.

    Hayyy CHristmas to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    I thought the afghan was a bit small as well, even though it's only a throw instead of a full afghan. As for the huge hook, I think they take some getting used to. I made a bunch of afghans for gifts that used this big hook and by the time I got to the last one, I was definitely tired of it. I would love to see a photo of the one you made. I don't always have the right type of yarn either and will substitute it with something I do have.

    ReplyDelete