Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Delectable Shell Afghan

My latest crochet project is the "Delectable Shell Afghan" which is actually a baby afghan. It can be found here http://michaels.lionbrand.com/patterns/90059AD.html . It is a free pattern. The yarn I'm using is Bernat's Baby Coordinates in white. I am on Row 19 and I have to say that the pattern is really pretty and it's working up nicely. It's for Skill Level Easy. This will be the first of many items that I will be making for my great-nephew that is due to arrive in May. Two days before my birth day. I will try to post a photo when I get it finished.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly,
    It may be all your crocheting that is causing your hands to hurt. I have found that I can crochet but I can no longer knit. It causes my thumbs to hurt a lot.

    I like this afghan. I may try to order some yarn from USA in order to get correct gauge and try to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    I think the crocheting is definitely my problem. But I think the pecan work also added to it as well. I didn't crochet for a week or more and I wondered if that had anything to do with making my hands sieze up. Like my muscles got tight or something like that. I'm trying to take the baby afghan slow. Only a row every now and then so my hands won't hurt so bad. The pattern for the baby afghan is cute, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete