Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rancheros Casserole

I'm sharing a recipe that my friend, Timna, requested.  I would post where I found it, but I've had this recipe for a very long time and have no idea where I got it from.

Rancheros Casserole

1 box of Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes
2 1/4 c. boiling water
1 c. canned corn, drained
2/3 c. milk
1/2 lb. lean ground beef, cooked and drained
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded taco cheese

** I usually double this for my family so we have leftovers.**

Heat oven to 400 degrees F.  Mix potatoes, sauce mix, water, corn and milk.
Pour into an ungreased 2 qt. casserole dish.  (When I double it, I use a 9x13 baking dish)
Stir in beef and 3/4 c. of cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Let stand a few minutes.
You can serve this with tortilla chips and sour cream, if you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment