Monday, December 31, 2012

Quick Chicken and Dumplings

Due to the 24 Hour Snow Event that is happening, I have to change my dinner plans.  I won't be going to the grocery store or anywhere else today.  In fact, it's snowing like crazy at this very moment.  With that said, we will be having a "new" favorite stand by for dinner....Quick Chicken and Dumplings.

Quick Chicken and Dumplings
1 1/2 c. milk (I use 1%)
1 c. frozen green peas and carrots (I use the Country Blend...corn, green beans and carrots)
1 c. cut up cooked chicken (I use the canned chicken breast for this)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup (I use the Healthy Request version)
1 c. Bisquick mix (I use the Heart Smart version of Bisquick)
1/3 c. milk (I use 1%)

Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, the frozen vegetables, chicken and chicken soup to boiling in a 3 quart saucepan, stirring frequently.
Stir Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until a soft dough forms.  Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid).
Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes.  Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
Makes 4 servings.

Note:  I double this recipe and cook it in my great big pot.  :)  It's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment