Monday, December 5, 2011

Thrift Store Bargains

One day last week I had the opportunity to visit the thrift store in the next town over. As always, there are good bargains to be had. For a $10 bill, I got the following:

A set of shot glasses. These will be a gift for a grown niece.

A lovely yellow sheet for my bed (the color just isn't showing up enough) and 25, yep 25, pillowcases. There are 4 sets and the rest are singles. I am hoping to put a crochet edging on some of them to fancy them up. The pillowcases are priced at 75 cents per pair. That's a bargain! Normally, I find a lot of embroidered pillow cases in the bin, but this time they didn't have any. Maybe next time. I really lucked out though because I found 3 sets of "manly" pillowcases...gray with stripes, a sort of khaki green color, and the camo with orange trim. My guys will love these! I can't wait until I get the opportunity to go and scavenge around again!

No comments:

Post a Comment