Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crochet Tree Ornament #2

I've been having a really good day so far today. The house was nice and peaceful until about one o'clock as everyone was still catching up on their sleep from the trip. I was able to spend some time on the computer as well as watch some of "my" TV shows. I also sat down and worked 20 rows on the scarf I've been knooking for my oldest son. While I was watching an episode of The Martha Stewart Show, I got out my scrap bag of Red Heart WW yarn and worked up another Crochet Tree Ornament using the Paddy Green color and the Cornmeal color.
It's the same pattern I used for the previous ornament, but when I was doing the edging, on the final row, I chained 3, skipped a stitch, joined in the next st and chained 3, skipped a stitch, joined in the next stitch, chained 3, etc. all the way around. Then I ran a length of the green yarn through the loops created by the 3 chains. (My husband says he really likes this one.) I'm not sure how many of these I will do, but I already have my yarn picked out for the next one. I'll be using Bright Yellow and Amethyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment