My daughter used to have a thing about Tinkerbell and fairies. In fact, she has been known to argue that fairies are real with a teacher or two. I had thought that my husband and I made these for her for Christmas 2009, but he told me that was wrong. She got them for her birthday instead. Here's what we did to make them:
1. I looked up the various quotes on the internet and chose four that I liked.
2. Make your quote and any other design features on transfer paper.
3. Transfer onto the fabric. I used flour sacks.
4. Embroider as you see fit.
5. My husband made the frames to accomodate the size that I wanted, including the glass inserts. The frames are painted to go with the colors of her bedroom, using leftover paint. My daughter has 5 different colored walls in her room, by the way.