Sunday, November 14, 2010

Afghan #1 (Christmas Projects)


I have three afghans to make for Christmas presents this year. Here is a photo of the first one once it was finished. I used this pattern http://www.craftbits.com/project/charity-pattern-4-1-2-hour-crochet-afghan . I made the following changes to make it bigger: Chained 96 instead of 64; crocheted 90 rows total for the length. I used Red Heart yarn in navy and black and a P hook. The afghan is crocheted holding two strands of yarn together for warmth. The young man holding up the blanket in the photo is not the one that will be getting the afghan, but he's about the same size as the one it's meant for. This guy is also a nephew of mine. He spent the weekend with us and I commandeered him as my model. LOL See the cheesy smile???

1 comment: