Monday, September 6, 2010

Wild and Crazy Afghan






Isn't this some wild and crazy yarn color? I thought so. But once it was worked up, it looked really nice. I did another Never-Ending Granny Square afghan/blanket. I used a single strand of yarn for this one. My one complaint is that it works up so much nicer when you hold two strands of yarn together. I had 6 skeins of this yarn, bought on clearance at Wal-Mart, so I had to use it all up at once. By the way, it's Red Heart yarn in the color Melonberry. Anyway, I was on the last row and ran out of the yarn. So I improvised with a scrap of a yellow colored yarn. At first glance, it's not so obvious, but I'm showing it to you in the third photo. I really thought I would have enough to finish and be left with some for my scrap bag. But I was wrong. This afghan is another that will be added to our collection here at home. The pattern for the never ending granny square afghan is found on my blog in an earlier post. There's a link to the free pattern.

2 comments:

  1. It's very beautiful. If you hadn't shown where you ran out of yarn, no one would know.
    Alma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alma! And it's true...it would have only been noticed after I had told of the yarn change.

    ReplyDelete