Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Book Nook

I haven't put any book reviews on here for quite some time. It's high time I did so now. I've read a lot of books over the past couple of months, but I will only add the books of note and not include the many romance novels I read during our holiday.

The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich

There are a lot of books in this series....at least 15....but I have only read the first six:

One For The Money
Two For The Dough
Three To Get Deadly
Four To Score
High Five
Hot Six

I can't ruin the experience of reading these books for you. They are a bit different than the type of books I usually read, but I have to admit that I loved these books. I want you to give them a go. I never laugh during movies or books unless they are extremely funny to me. You see, I have a different kind of sense of humor. I just don't find some things funny enough to laugh over, even though others are. But, these books made me laugh. More than once. The author tells a great story and it's done like she is Stephanie Plum. I should add that Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter, and not exactly a very good one either. Plus, her family is a bit wacky, but very normal, in a modern day way. I would be honored to be one of their family. Strange as they can be. Her Grandma is a hoot! On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give these books an 8. High praise from me, indeed.

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

This is another Stephanie Plum story, but not along the same story line as the previous series. It's a side story, you might say. I thought this was good as well. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

"The Classic Tale of Partholon" Series by P.C. Cast

There are three books in this series:

Divine By Mistake
Divine By Choice
Divine By Blood

This is a good series as well. Set not only in modern day Oklahoma, but also the mirror image city of Parthelon. You can find goddesses, gods, centaurs, etc. in these books. Lots of magic and other mysterious creatures abound too. P.C. Cast wrote my favorite series "The House of Night" and I wanted to try something else she had written as well. I'm glad I did. I had bought these books for my daughter Tianna, but being 13, she's not quite old enough to read these books due to some adult content. Basically....sex. It's not graphic, but there's still enough of a description that she's not ready to read about yet. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give books 1 and 3 a "7" and book 2 (my favorite) an "8".

I hope that others are inspired to read these stories from my brief descriptions. I really don't want to say more about the books because I'm afraid I'll ruin it for you. Too much info can be harmful, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment