Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The "No Holes" Sc Square - Free Pattern

I have received an order for a baby blanket using squares with no holes.  Well, I couldn't find a pattern for such a square.  So, I made up my own.  You could use this square in several sizes and I have posted photos of what it looks like at each size.
 This is the square at 3 1/2 inches.  (Round 6)
 This is the square at 4 1/2 inches. (Round 8)
This is the square at 6 inches.  (Round 11)

The "No Holes" Sc Square - Free Pattern

Red Heart Super Saver yarn
I crochet hook

ch 2.
1- work 4 sc in the 2nd ch from hook.  join.  (4 sc)
2- ch 1.  work 3 sc in each sc around. join. (12 sc)
3- ch 1.  sc in same st.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 2 sts, 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last st.  join.  (20 sc)
4- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next st. work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 4 sts, 3 sc in next st. repeat from * around. sc in last 2 sts.  join.  (28 sc)
5- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next 2 sts.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 6 sts, work 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last 3 sts.  join.  (36 sc) 
6- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next 3 sts.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 8 sts,  work 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last 4 sts.  join.  (44 sc)  [this is where it would measure 3 1/2 inches]
7- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next 4 sts.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 10 sts, work 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last 5 sts.  join.  (52 sc)
8- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next 5 sts.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 12 sts, work 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last 6 sts.  join.  (60 sc)  [this is where it would measure 4 1/2 inches]
9- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next 6 sts.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 14 sts, work 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last 7 sts.  join.  (68 sc)  [this is where it would measure 5 inches]
10- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next 7 sts.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 16 sts, work 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last 8 sts.  join.  (76 sc)
11- ch 1.  sc in same st and in next 8 sts.  work 3 sc in next st.  *sc in next 18 sts, work 3 sc in next st.  repeat from * around.  sc in last 9 sts.  join.  finish off.  weave in ends.  (84 sc)  [this is where it would measure 6 inches]

I really like this little square and I can see myself using it for many things.

DISCLAIMER:  As always, I'm sure someone else has posted a square very similar to this one.  If you have, I swear, I have not stolen your pattern.  However, if you contact me, I will post your link here on my blog directing my readers to your pattern.  

This pattern may be used to make and sell any items that you want.  However, please don't claim this pattern  as your own.  Please give credit where credit is due.  Thanks!  And I would love to see what all you make with these squares.

27 comments:

  1. Dear Shelly, Thank you very much for free pattern.. I am following your very nice blog very closer..
    All best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I try to post a free pattern every now and then. I enjoy working on things and putting my ideas down on paper whenever I can. Unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes. With 2 kids in High School, we're busy all the time. Thanks so much for following my blog! Your lovely comment means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly.. I'm begging you for help!! I've tried your no holes square multipe times and I can not get it right. This is the exact square style I need and I cant locate anything anywhere except here. Normally I'll watch a tutorial and I can see where I'm going wrong, but no such luck. When you join at the end of each row are you skipping a stitch? It's DRIVING ME MAD! plus I'm a lefty which just complicates everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I'm having internet connection troubles. When you join at the end of the row, you slip stitch in the beginning chain 1. I'm not skipping any stitches. I hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. This looks like a nice square, am going to try it. I did not read about the corners how? Can u video it?

      Delete
  4. Just found your pattern. I was looking for a no holes square to design a baby blanket for a baby shower. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm experimenting with a striped version. Just trying to figure out how to carry the color forward...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shelly, I randomly came across your wonderful pattern I have been trying many no hole solid squares, but did not like the very obvious line of chain going up along the square. Thank you so much for being so generously sharing this lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Shelly, I randomly came across your wonderful pattern I have been trying many no hole solid squares, but did not like the very obvious line of chain going up along the square. Thank you so much for being so generously sharing this lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this pattern. It was exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know if this works good as a stuffed situpon? My cousin is a teacher for little ones with ADD, etc. She needs little things for them to sit on for story time, and I am trying to make a variety of styles for her. Thank you for any input you can give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would! I've made many of these squares for charity blankets and they indeed have "no holes." I used single crochet to stitch my squares together but you could also use a whip stitch. If you made a top and bottom, inserted stuffing or layers of batting, then crocheted/sewed them together, I think they'd be great as situpons. This pattern is also great because you can make the squares whatever size you need. Good luck!

      Delete
  10. OOOOOOKAAAAAAY!!!!! why is my square not laying flat? I have been crocheting for many years and I can read any pattern. but for the life of me the square won't lay flat as in the picture. also, a black background for the background of the pattern gave me a real wet pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. at this time I will share articles about health hopefully can be useful for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the article, it's quite helpful. for those of you who have not read it please click the link below to read it


    Obat Sakit Pinggang

    ReplyDelete
  13. May be useful for all, helpful article once and pardon me permission to share also here :

    Obat anyang anyangan ampuh
    Obat infeksi telinga

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOLUSI TERBAIK UNTUK PENGOBATAN PENYAKIT DALAMOctober 19, 2018 at 7:46 PM

    Request permission, We want to comment here with the aim of sharing some link articles about internal diseases that you can click below

    Pengobatan Tumor dan Kanker
    Obat Maag Untuk Ibu Hamil
    Pengobatan Infeksi Usus
    Biaya Operasi Untuk Pengangkatan Tumor
    Pengobatan Alami Untuk Penyakit Ginjal
    Obat Radang Lambung
    Obat darah tinggi
    Obat Penurun Kolesterol
    Bahaya Radang Amandel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for posting this square. I needed a no holes square for cubes and was having no luck finding one. Its for a bit of a NSFW project. A C**k block. But I'm sure to think of lots of different ways to use this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, we are from the health site admin, want to share our latest articles :

    cara mengobati sakit dada sebelah kanan secara alami

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is there a video for this pattern? I’m just starting to crochet so some of this is still a little confusing to me.

    ReplyDelete