Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Basic Granny Square

There are bunches of patterns for granny squares.  In fact, I use several different ones just for the basic granny square.  It depends on what I'm making.  I'm currently making a toddler blanket for a little girl.  I'm needing granny squares but I'm wanting them just a bit different...I'm wanting them to be more feminine....airier, if that makes sense.  In fact, is "airier" a word?  LOL  So I'm adding an extra ch between the clusters of dc's.
Here's the granny square pattern I'm using.
ch 4.  join to form a loop.
1- working in the loop, ch 3.  2 dc.  (ch 2, 3 dc) 3 times.  ch 2.  join with a sl st to the 3rd ch of beg ch 3.

2- sl st in next 2 sts and into the ch 2 sp.  (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ch 2 sp.  ch 2.  [work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch 2 sp.  ch 2] 3 times.  join with a sl st to the 3rd ch of beg ch 3.

3- sl st in next 2 sts and into the ch 2 sp.  (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ch 2 sp.  ch 2.  work 3 dc in next ch 2 sp.  ch 2.  [work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner ch 2 sp.  ch 2.  work 3 dc in next ch 2 sp.  ch 2.] 3 times.  join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3.  fasten off.
Some lovely purple goodness to drool over.  :)

2 comments: