Friday, August 5, 2011

Starting a New Project

I've started a new project. I've decided to make a very colorful afghan. I'm going to use Red Heart Super Saver skeins in the colors Amethyst and Cherry Red. And I'm crocheting it from side to side (the length) instead of top to bottom or whatever (the width). So...here's what I did.
ch 201. turn.
sc in the 2nd ch from hook and in each sc across. ch 1, turn.
sc in each sc across.
i'm changing colors after every 4 rows as i'm wanting a striped afghan.
i will keep doing this until it's as wide as i want. when i figure out how many rows that is, i will let everyone know.
at the end, i will put a border around it (of sc's). i was going to do fringe, but changed my mind.
that's it. i will keep you updated on the progress. i think i will call this my Majestic Blankie for right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment