Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crochet and Schedules

This is my latest bit of crochet. It's not much. But I managed to add 4 rows of purple, 4 rows of red, and one more row of purple on the Majestic Afghan. I've not had much time to sit on the couch this week and work on my beloved crochet.
Since it's Sunday morning, I broke out the planner to see what is going on this week. As I was looking at it, I thought "'s not as busy as last week". And then I went "Duh!" cause it's not all filled in. I've not added the softball and baseball practice schedules or the FFA schedule yet. I need to go look at the school's website and see what is on the calendar today and get it added to mine. I'm slipping already...and we've only had 3 days of school so far. *sigh* Oh well, I'll get back in gear ASAP. Just like I always do. I don't know if other families are like ours, but we ALL live by my calendar. The kids look at it as much as I do. So does Big Daddy. I can see already that tomorrow is another busy day, so I'll have to get the kids in gear tonight and have them all organized before they go to bed.
This was my planner for this past week. Busy, right? Yep. I do have to say that some days weren't so bad, but basically, we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Plus, there was a day or two where Big Daddy and I had to both be out running around in order to get everything done. Yesterday was one of those days. Even though it didn't look that way on the calendar. I worked the car wash with Small T. Then I went to work at the pool. While we were at the car wash, Big Daddy went to the pharmacy and got prescriptions filled. Then while I was at work, he picked up Small T and they went to buy her softball pants. (This was interesting as Big Daddy and Small T don't shop very well together. I guess it was quite the ordeal. LOL) Then Big Daddy ran Small T to her friends house for the evening before coming home to start on the housework. He's been a real trooper about the housework this summer. He's done most of it, in regards to the laundry, dish washing and cooking supper. I'm a lucky girl! After I got off work, I had a bit of down time...I laid in bed and read a book that I'd started at the pool. Then I did the spectacular thing of "ordering out" for dinner. :) Only because Big Daddy was defrosting the refrigerator/freezer and the kitchen was a mess. We don't order out much usually. So it was a treat. Then, being super tired, I went to bed early. Woo Hoo! I never get to do this and I had a fabulous night of sleep. In fact, I woke up at 6:20 this morning. Crawled out of bed at 7 and am now enjoying some lovely time alone while everyone else is sleeping. What a way to start your day!!! Anyway, I'll be heading to the pool by noon today, so I hope it's a good day outside and not raining. Have a good Sunday everyone!


  1. Wow! how do you fit crochet time in with all that!

  2. Sometimes it's hard, but I most of the time, I can get a few rows done on a blanket or some of a hat done. I just have to make the time. If I ever wait until I have time, it doesn't happen. :)