Monday, July 4, 2011

The Slouch


So, today was my day off, and I did nothing much other than watch TV and crochet. Well, I did a little bit of other things, but they don't count. LOL The crochet was number one on my list of to-do's for the day. :) I had to get my priorities right, right? LOL Anyway, I crocheted a basic beanie (black) first, then I started a second basic beanie (also black) and ran out of yarn. It always happens. I swear. I should have had enough yarn. Oh well. That means I'll need a trip to buy yarn soon. As Martha would say, "It's a good thing". lol
Then I got to messing around with my worsted weight yarn. In the end, I came up with this pattern. I call it "The Slouch". You must take into account that my models were very un-cooperative. The wanted to do fireworks and not mess with my hats. They just pulled them on over their heads and didn't even mess around with them until they looked right. So this hat doesn't really look slouchy in the photos. But it is. Anyway, here's the pattern. Enjoy!

"The Slouch"

materials:
worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart)
MC- main color- soft navy
SC- second color- soft white
an I crochet hook

Notes:
The ch-2 at the beginning of each round counts as a dc.
Join- means to join with a sl st to the 2nd ch of the beg ch 2 (at the end of each dc round).

With MC, start with a magic ring.
Round 1- ch2, work 9 dc in ring. Join. Pull ring to close. (10 dc)
Round 2- ch 2, dc in same st, *2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join. (20 dc)
Round 3- ch 2, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join. (30 dc)
Round 4- ch 2, dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join. (40 dc)
Round 5- ch 2, dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join. (50 dc)
Round 6- ch 2, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join. (60 dc)
Round 7- ch 2, dc in next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next 5 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join. (70 dc)
Round 8- ch 2, dc in next 5 sts, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next 6 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around. Join. (80 dc)
Round 9- ch 2, dc in each st around. Join. (80 dc)
Rounds 10 - 11 - Repeat Round 9. (80 dc)
Round 12- Change color to SC. Repeat Round 9. (80 dc)
Round 13- Change color to MC. Repeat Round 9. (80 dc)
Round 14- Change color to SC. Repeat Round 9. (80 dc)
Round 15- Change color to MC. Repeat Round 9. (80 dc)
Round 16- ch 1, sc in each st around. Join with a sl st to 1st sc. (80 sc)
Round 17- repeat Round 16. (80 sc)
Round 18- ch 1, sc in the same st and in the next 14 sts, sc dec over the next two sts, *sc in the next 14 sts, sc dec over the next 2 sts, repeat from * around. join with a sl st to the 1st sc.
Round 19- ch 1, sc in each st around. join with a sl st to the 1st sc.
Round 20- repeat Round 19. Finish off. Weave in ends. Turn hat right side out.

**I wrote this down as I was making it. So if there are any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix them.

2 comments:

  1. i'm gonna give this a shot myself, it's bookmarked and i'll but it on my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tianna said she likes this hat too. so...i'll probably make a few more of them when i get time.

    ReplyDelete