Friday, July 1, 2011

Scraps of Yarn

For awhile now, I've been thinking about "what to do with all those scraps of worsted weight yarn". Plus, I've been wanting to make some pillow cushions. After thinking and thinking and browsing many, many blogs, I decided to start making some "Nana Squares" from The Royal Sisters blog. You can find the free pattern/tutorial here http://theroyalsisters.blogspot.com/2011/05/nana-square-tutorial.html . I have no intention of joining any of these squares at this time, but instead plan to just keep making and making them and then when I get enough of them, I'll either put them into a pillow cushion or something else of my liking. In the photo above, is my first square along with the start of the second. It takes absolutely no time at all to make one of these. And they are super easy to do as the pattern is quick and simple and there are only 3 rows to follow. Hope you all give these a chance sometime. The are quite lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment