Friday, June 6, 2014

Container Garden

I thought I'd share some photos of my container garden as of May 30th.
 The green beans are really growing!
 So are the tomato plants.  The stalks are getting good and strong as well as quite tall.  Two of the plants have tomatoes on them already.
 I don't know about ,my radishes anymore.  They are "iffy" in my opinion.  I've put them out in the yard so they can get more sunlight.  I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
This is just one of my pepper plants.  They were both infested with mealy bugs.  Thank goodness that Small T is on the Horticulture Team for FFA.  She correctly diagnosed the problem so we could get them treated.  I used the home remedy of water, Dawn dish soap and cooking oil and after two treatments, all the mealy bugs were gone and my plants are really healthy looking now.  I'm glad.  They all have lots of little peppers forming on them.  I would have hated to lose them.
I forgot to take a photo of the carrots.  Honestly, I think I'm going to get maybe 2 carrots out of the whole container.  I think Big Daddy planted the seeds to deep.  Oh well.  He'll know better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment