Friday, June 22, 2012

Current Projects

 I'm working on some knitted squares.  This is something I've not done before.  Knitting squares and then eventually, hooking them together into a blanket.  I have 3 done and a 4th one started.  Obviously, I have a long way to go.
 I'm also knooking some squares.  This is the first one.  I made several attempts at getting this knooked square to be the same size as my knitted squares.  After ripping it out several times, I decided that I needed a bigger knook hook.  I only have sizes G, H, and I and I needed a J.  So I made my own with one of my older J hooks.  So far, it's working out fine.  Big Daddy said he would try to put a whole through it for me, out in the garage, with some of his tools.  But, he needs an older hook, in case he messes up.
 As always, I have a lot of partial skeins of yarn, so I started a scrap afghan using the Dottie Angel blanket pattern (which is a favorite of mine).  The free pattern can be found here http://dottieangel.blogspot.com/2010/06/ordinarily-extraordinary-blanket-how-to.html .
I have also started working on a blanket for one of my sisters.  She wanted me to use the True Blood Water Lily Blanket pattern which can be found here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/true-blood-water-lily-blanket .  However, she wanted a color scheme of white, black and red, with red being the main color.  So far, I have 5 of these squares completed.
So...these are my current works in progress.  I'm having some trouble settling down with working on anything right now, which has led me to have several things started.

No comments:

Post a Comment