Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Stockings

Yesterday, Big Daddy took down the Christmas tree and boxed up all of the decorations and such. While he had the stockings out, I took a quick photo of the final three stockings that I made. These were for Medium J, Big C, and Small T. They are replacing the ones we lost from last year. (I still can't believe they got lost!!!)
Medium J asked for black and red, Big C asked for royal blue and white, Small T asked for black and spring green.
While I was taking photos of the kids' new stockings, I also took a photo of their "real" ones. I made the boys' stockings around 17 years ago. Back then, I was doing a lot of cross-stitching. Then when our girl was born, we had a really hard time finding a matching stocking for her. After months of looking, we found the green one on clearance somewhere. So, I nabbed it. Thank goodness we didn't have any more kids or we'd be up the creek in regards to matching stockings! LOL Anyway, these are my kids' much-loved stockings. They've been through some hard times and they bear a few stains and such, but over-all they have held up well. I hope that they never get lost too! It would be a bad thing. I didn't know when I bought them how special they would become, but I'm glad that they are a holiday tradition in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment