Sunday, October 31, 2010

What I've Been Doing This Past Week


This is what I've been doing this past week, in my spare time. I've been making Skater Beanies. The free pattern can be found here http://chiescrochetandknitting.blogspot.com/2005/11/very-simple-skateboarder-beanie.html . I have 14 total at this point and I need a minimum of 16 for the older nieces and nephews. These are going to be part of their Christmas gifts from my family. I am in the process of working on #15 so I should be able to finish it and the last one by the end of today. I've been using Caron's Simply Soft yarn in three colors...black, gray and maroon....and either an I hook (for the larger size) or a G hook (for the smaller size). If, and this is a big if, I am able to get all of my other projects/gifts done before the first weekend in December (which is our family Christmas party) then I will make 5 more of these....all in black, for my three older nephews that are married men, and for my two great nephews. This is a great pattern, very easy to follow, and it turns out a wonderful finished product.

1 comment: