Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Family Cookbook

I wanted to mention in a bit more detail our family cookbook. If your family doesn't have one, you should consider making one. I did one for my family and gave them as Christmas gifts in 2000. They are very handy to have around. But basically, I contacted all of my family members and gave them a deadline for recipe submissions. After I got the recipes, I typed them up on my computer in the format I wanted (including title pages for the sections), then had them printed off at the printer's. I then bound them together but putting them into three ring binders. I used a 3 hole punch to punch the holes evenly. It takes a lot of time to get it all together but in the end, it is well worth it.

As a bonus, I'm including another famly recipe here.

Mexican Dip

Refried Beans
Taco Seasoning
Sour Cream
Taco Sauce
Shredded Lettuce
Chopped Onion
Chopped Tomato
Shredded Cheese
Tortilla Chips

Mix refried beans and taco seasoning together. (I will do one packet of taco seasoning per can of beans). This is spread on a round platter and usually just takes the one can of beans. Next, spread the taco sauce on the bean mixture. Then put sour cream on top of that. Layer on lettuce, onion, tomato and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment