Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Ugly Duckling Blanket



This is the Ugly Duckling Blanket I made and posted about earlier in my blog.

It was a basic pattern that I altered by doing stripes instead of making it a solid color. I also added a bit more of the border. And I made it longer than the original pattern called for. I held two different colors of yarn together for each stripe as I was crocheting. I think this has a very homespun look about it and I actually like it when I didn't think that I would.
Once again, a big thanks to the lady that told me about the Ugly Duckling Blanket and gave me the inspiration to do one of my own.....Elizabeth.

2 comments:

  1. im so glad you enjoyed making this.. i know i was excited when i first did mine!!!

    your very welcome and if there is anything ya need just let me know!!! i think your blanket turned out awesome!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying it looks "awesome". I am not so sure about that, but it doesn't look "bad". LOL I don't think my niece will care how it looks but she would probably tell me that she wanted "pink" instead since it's her favorite color.

    ReplyDelete