Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Busy...

As always, it's been busy around here.
 Last Thursday found us road-tripping to a college visit for Small T.  This was a fairly big trip.  4 hours of driving each way.  But, we were able to stop and visit with my Mom and my sister Lea and her family for a bit, so it was even better.
 I finished up the Simply Soft Chocolate wrist warmers.  This is the first Christmas gift I've made this year.  I'm behind.
 On Saturday, Big Daddy and I took my sister Annie to the Boo...z Bash here in town.  $15 got you 12 different vendor stops of beer tasting.  Think a good sized shot glass of each one and there were 2 to 4 beers at each stop.  Everyone was taking "selfies" so we took one too.  Big Daddy was clowning around.  lol  By the way...in addition to being the Boo...z Bash it was also Annie's birthday.
 After the Boo...z Bash, we hit one of the local bars for the Halloween party and costume contest...."Diaper Guy" won.  That's him and I in the photo.  I think the person that took the photo must have been seeing funny since the photo is blurry.  lol  Only problem is...I can't remember who took the photo.  geez.
 While at the bar for the Halloween party, we were tipsy enough that we sang "A LOT" of karoke.  This is my sisters Dea and Annie.  I couldn't get in the photo as I was taking it.  lol
 All evening at the Boo...z Bash everyone was taking their photo with the Big Pecan.  So on the walk home from the bar, we took our photo with it too.  lol  Drunken ladies!!!
 The next day found us all hung-over from the previous night's escapades, so ... we had a belated birthday party for Annie.
 I quickly made a cute little hat and slipper set for a friend here in town to send to a 9 year old girl with stage 3 cancer.  I'll have to find out the patterns so I can post the links.  I used Simply Soft yarn in Soft Pink (I think).
***Edited to add....The pattern I used for the hat is called Pretty As A Package and you can find the pattern by clicking here .***
****The pattern for the slippers is called Women's Crochet Ballet Slippers and the pattern can be found by clicking here .  I altered it just a bit to fit a smaller sized foot.****
 I've been carving pumpkins.
 And gourds of some type.
 And more of each.
 And this is what my front steps look like now.
I have more carved pumpkins on the porch that I'll light up on Halloween.
 I brought out the Scrap Afghan that I had been working on and finished up all the inner circles and even hooked a few more together.
 I've added 16 or more rows to the pink camo knitted baby blanket.
 I road-tripped with my sister Annie this morning in the wee hours to her General Manager meeting about 2 1/2 hours away from where we live.  I enjoyed the Fall like scenery though.
 I started another set of wrist warmers.  This time in Simply Soft Grey Heather.  These are another Christmas gift in the making.
And I broke out the 13 bags of Halloween candy a bit ago so Small T could have a piece of chocolate.  I'm ready for trick or treating now.  I live in a prime spot so I'll most likely run out of candy pretty quick.  I normally have about 15 bags of candy and end up running out for more.  But I've put them on a candy diet this year.  lol  13 bags.  That's it.
So...that's pretty much my week in a nutshell other than ball games, working at the farm, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment