Sunday, July 21, 2013

Scrap Afghan

Yesterday, I took my bag (with all the little yarn balls in it) to the pool with me.  I didn't know if it would be cool enough to work with the yarn or if we'd even be slow enough to have a bit of time to myself in the concession stand.
It ended up that later in the day, after it cooled down a bit and the crowd thinned out, that I was able to spend a little bit of time and get a few granny squares crocheted.  It helps that I keep a fan up there too...that way it wasn't uncomfortable to handle the yarn.
After I got home, I took out the squares I had made.  I didn't have 6 of each color so I made a few of the red and dark brown along with finishing up the gray that I started at the pool.
 One of the TV channels was showing all the Transformer movies, so I decided to settle in and watch them and keep on making granny squares.
 I took a little break and talked to my mom on the phone and made a few more squares as well.
 By then, I had my 2nd wind and made some more squares while waiting up for the kids to get home from their dates.  After that, I went to bed.  Finally.  However, I didn't want to really go to bed because I had one ball of yarn left to make squares out of.  It was killing me to leave it sitting there in my bag, all alone.
This morning, after making some coffee, I sat down and made some squares out of that last little lonely ball of yarn.  lol  I just can't stand letting it sit there and wait.
After that...I took out my yarn needle and spent a couple of hours weaving in all the ends.  That's finally finished and now it's time to put the bag down for awhile and work on something else.  Today's my day off at the pool so Big Daddy and I are spending some time in front of the TV watching all my favorite Alaska shows.  What a way to spend the day!  Especially since I'm still in my jammies!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is going to be a fun project...and you will be able to stash bust in a big way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jammies and the Alaska shows are my favorites. You go girl. I don't have a big daddy but my dog loves me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! :) Hope there's a Big Daddy in your immediate future!

      Delete