Sunday, August 30, 2009

Newest Crochet Project

My newest crochet project was something I made from a pattern I had but altered it to fit the concept I was going for. It's a little purse for my niece Cleo aged 4 years old. Cleo is a purse carrying little girl and already has a nice collection of them. The pattern I made was based on the paperback tote I was previously making but I altered it to accomodate a larger width, added a third yarn (fun fur) and a cute handle to make it into a shoulder bag. I liked them so much that I made two of them (one in hot pink and one in a teal green, silver and blue pattern) and I've already had "offers" to purchase them but turned the offers down as they are for Cleo's Christmas gift. I find that whenever someone sees me working on something cute like this, I get a lot of my things bought and then I have nothing to give like I was planning. So I'm being more selective with what I do actually sell this year.
My next crochet project is going to be another purse for Cleo but I'm using an empty cool whip tub (not including the lid) as a base and crocheting my purse around it in a circular shape. I will let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment