Saturday, August 16, 2014

Another Doll Blanket

Today, I finished knitting/crocheting another Homespun Doll Blanket.
 The body of the blanket is knitted and it uses scraps of Caron's Simply Soft yarn as well as some white Sugar 'N Cream cotton and various types of Red Heart yarn.  I like the way it looks to an extent, but I regret all the ends that had to be sewn in.  It was a real trial.
The edging is crocheted.  I did 2 rounds of sc working (sc, ch 1, sc) in each corner.  The 3rd round is (sc in next 3 sts, ch 3) all the way around, working a (sc, ch 5, sc) in each corner.  The 4th round is worked in the ch 3 or ch 5 space as follows (6 dc in the next ch 3 sp, sl st in the next ch 3 sp), all the way around, but for the corners, you sl st in the last sc before the ch 5 sp, then work 8 sc in the ch 5 sp, then sl st in the first sc after the ch 5 sp.  I hope that makes sense.
This blanket was made using the same pattern as the original Homespun Doll Blanket on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment