Sunday, June 20, 2010

Granny Square Afghan



I decided to try out a new crochet pattern. I haven't made a granny square in probably 19 or 20 years now. Obviously, I'd gotten in a rut. :( Anyway, I googled some patterns and found this one http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html . I thought the pattern was easy to follow and I liked what she was able to make out of them. So, I got out my dwindling yarn stash and chose all the colors that resembled Fall/Autumn (reds, oranges, yellow, brown, and green). I held two strands of different colored yarn together throughout the project. I kept repeating row after row until I used up all of the yarn I had gotten out and ended up having to buy two skeins of yarn in order to finish it up. I could have made this much bigger, but I figured it was a good size to use for snuggling up on the couch and ended where I was. All in all, I like this project and I would make another in a heart beat. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful afghan. Stopping in from ;
    Great Blog.
    Alma
    http://almacrochetforcharity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete